- please do consider netbsd. so that we can practically use 'any'
available hardware for our firewall. from my old (now practically
useless) cobalt qube box to many new mips based (like the linksys
- a way to limit max concurrent connection per ip. this way we can
limit p2p apps and may also detect virus/worm spreading and temporary
block the ip when detected.
more radius user control/limits:
- limit user port/protocol. say, user a can only browsing (port 80 &
443 only), user b only do email (pop3&smtp only) etc..
- bandwidth quota to limit total bandwidth used by user each month.
- limit user access by total online time each month.
even you said many time that this in only firewall, i really like to
see more than firewall.
like proxy server, antispam gateway, voip gateway, etc...
coz, in small company with less than a dozen computers,
to dedicate one pc to do only one task (one firewall, one for voip,
one for mail, etc)
might result in more servers than desktops...
thank you for making such great stuff free!
keep up the great work.