As I promised I was working in an internationalization patch for
m0n0wall. I almost finished this. What I have until now is:
- Changed the php to have gettext support. It introduced a litle more
libraries in the system, and a 1MB space, but everything fits on the
originall image size of m0n0. (no memory problemas were created. still
running on wrap)
- I changed EVERY string in the webGUI to use gettext _() function. But
I didn't care about things like languages that uses other writing
orientation (asian ones).
- I generated a messages.po with the strings and I started to translate
to Brazilian Portuguese. I'm looking for people to translate to their
native languages (http://www.inf.ufsc.br/~everson/m0n0wall/messages.po).
- I created a /locale directory, to have all translations in there.
Every translations is almost 100K large. My first focues it to have it
translate to at least 5 more languages than English and Brazilian
- I'm almost finishing a patch in System.php to let the user choose the
language they want, and of course save it in config.xml.
What I'm planning to do:
- As I did the translation on m0n0wal 1.1, I will need soon to have
another patch to m0n0 1.2. I patched the beta, and everything is ok, but
I think that some new strigs were introduced, so I will have to test it
before release it.
- As Manuel said that the translations is not an important issue and
that it will not be mantained in m0n0 main distribution(development
problemas), as I'm having more pot files, I will release images in all
formats m0n0 do to people that want use it. It will be m0n0, with just
the internationalization patch.
- I will also planning to have a homepage for my m0n0 patches. and this
images will be released there very soon. I will publish here when I have
For people that are interested in translate the pot file, please keep me
informed, so we will not waste time doing things twice.