[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne at subdimension dot com>
 To:  <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Other hardware platforms...
 Date:  Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:36:01 +0100
hi,

I have been trying to setup m0n0wall on my Compaq DP4000N.
This was, until recently, much less problematic than first assumed.

Simply made my own kernel for the box, and just copied it over
the net45xx kernel on CF-card and booted up!
I included the parameters for IPFILTER in my kernel:

	options IPFILTER
	options IPFILTER_LOG
	options IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK

The booting and setup of m0n0wall works just fine,
i have a dual intel NIC interface(fxp) + one built-in
tunderlan(tl0) interface for DMZ.

My problem is that i cant get any traffic to pass the firewall!
This might be because of my lack of ipfilter rules knowlegde ;)
But i assumed that the default ipf-rules would open for traffic
from the LAN, but again, I dont know this for sure...
I have tried to set up my own rules witch accepts all both
from/to WAN and LAN, but this does not do it.

I use DHCP on the WAN interface and it recives its lease correctly
from my ISP.
I can ping the LAN and WAN interface from LAN, but nothing outside!

Is this only beacuse i have setup my firewall rules wrong, or can
there be another source for this problem? anyone?

great software btw!

Magne