[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  <angilberto at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  physdiskwrite (was: RE: [m0n0wall] 4501 doesn't start..)
 Date:  Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:14:09 +0100 (CET)
Angilberto Muniz Sb said:
> Just hijacking the topic:
> When I tryed to load my CF using the windows utility,
> it asked me to chose whath device to write to.
> (0,1,-1)
> Witch one should I choose? Any risk to whipe out my
> HD?

-1? That shouldn't show up... Which OS are you using? For me, the CF card
is always device 1 (one IDE HD only which is 0 here). physdiskwrite
refuses to write to disks > 800 MB for some overwrite protection, but as I
stated it on the page: there's NO WARRANTY at all, so if you do wipe out
your HD, don't blame me for it. Other than that, you'll have to tell from
the C/H/S values which one is your CF card...

I'm really looking for a better way of identifying the devices (e.g. by
manufacturer/model name), but I haven't discovered a way to do that yet.

Greets,

Manuel