[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  <bit at signature dot nl>
 Cc:  <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] clock reset issue
 Date:  Sun, 2 Mar 2003 11:04:18 +0100 (CET)
Hi Bart,

> I'll build a kernel with this fix just to see (is the kernel config on
> the m0n0wall-site up-to-date?) but the real question is, is this a sign
> that m0n0wall attempts to set the clock, and why?

No, there's no place in m0n0wall that I could think of where it would set
the clock. Matter of fact, I was seeing the clock reset issue on my
net4501's too back when I was using ntpdate as a cron job on miniBSD, but
ever since I have m0n0wall on them, the clock has stayed accurate (more or
less).

Please let me know if the kernel fix changes anything - I'll just
incorporate it into the default m0n0wall kernel, then.

Greets,

Manuel