[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Bako" <pbako at 2alpha dot com>
 To:  <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  pb4 update
 Date:  Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:16:53 -0800
With the announcement of the new pb4r263 release, I tried to use the
firmware upload function to update my system.  I enabled the FTP upload
option then connected to my unit with command line FPT client (windows
2000).  Login went without any problems but when I attempted to do a "dir"
or a "put" command I simply got back a "425 Can't build data connection: No
route to host." error.  The last time I saw a "no route to host" error was
on a previous firewall running OpenBSD 2.9 and IPF.  The solution there was
to disable IPF (ipf -Fa) and then things would work fine.

Figuring the same trick might work here I browsed to the exec.php script and
executed a "/sbin/ipf -Fa" command.  Wow!  This immediately killed the unit!
No response to http, ftp, or even ping!

So, a couple of questions:  1)  Why am I getting the no route to host error
when I attempt to dir/put with a FTP client, and 2) why does the entire
thing lock up when I manually disable the firewall rules?

Thanks,
Peter