[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'mk at neon1 dot net'" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  "'list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net'" <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  LAN - DMZ - WAN Firewall rules
 Date:  Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:44:17 +0200
Dear Manuel, List,

Could it be possible that the different 'interfaces' are not treated equally
when using the firewall?

To explain more clearly:
I have 2 networks connected to each other by a net4501 m0n0wall.

Employee LAN		m0n0wall			Showroom LAN
10.32.1.0/23	10.32.1.11 - 192.168.1.1	192.168.1.0/24

In this setup, there are services on both networks that need to be available
on the other network.
If I put the networks on DMZ and LAN, everything seems to work fine (except
there is no default gateway that can be set on DMZ), but if I use WAN (on
the employee side), services on the LAN interface (showroom) are not
reachable (ping is OK!).

I have set the private addresses to pass and added rules for all interfaces
for any port, dest. and any src.

I'm a newbie at BSD stuff (not even used it once) but I guess m0n0wall is
meant for dummy's like me :-)

I know my way around IP and routing (I guess ;-)

Thanks for any insight

Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER