[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Manuel Kasper '" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  "'list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net'" <list at m0n0wall dot neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  RE: LAN - DMZ - WAN Firewall rules
 Date:  Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:46:26 +0200
Hi Manuel,

Thanks again for the very clear reply!

First of all, I would like to say YES!, please make a miniBSD CF image
available if you have the time! I love the images, because I do not have a
lot of time to build one myself. Still a newbie too ;-)

Certainly I understand m0n0wall isn't built to do the things I'm trying to
do (strange 'no route to host' replys to ping are a hint ;-).
I love the idea of being able to configure something by web, but you need to
build an environment specified at every purpose... :-(

What I WOULD like (I know, it's PHP, so I don't stand a chance :-) is a
m0n0wall "simple version". Just 3 interfaces and configurable firewall rules
(but no assumptions for WAN-DMZ-LAN, so no NAT by default) as a sort of
internal router / firewall. Just to put my wishes online :-)

The 'make a binary' website would be just great, but a standard binary would
be fine already!

Many thanks for the great products!

Regards,
Joachim