[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'bino-psn'" <bino at indoakses dash online dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] pb11 is out...
 Date:  Fri, 30 May 2003 21:41:19 -0500
Bino (&list)
I've gotten it to work successfully on a single hard drive.
Here's roughly what I did:

1. Download the CF image
2. Download the CD ISO
3. Copy the KERNEL.GZ file from the CD ISO
4. Use physdiskwrite to write the CF image to a hard drive. (a safety
feature in the program limits the HD size to be less than 800mb. So
choose a small HD)
5. On a freebsd machine, mount the HD and replace the kernel.gz file
with the one you copied from the CD ISO.
6. Unmount, and place in target computer.

That should about do it.  If anyone wants a better version of those
instructions let me know.

I did this for a buddy of mine, and now pb11 is out so he needs to
"flash" his HD with the new image.  Tomorrow I'm attempting to make the
HD based flash image so he can do this.  If I get something completed I
will post here.

--Michael I.
http://students.dsu.edu/iedemam