[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Christiaens Joachim'" <jchristi at oce dot be>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] pb11 is out...
 Date:  Sat, 31 May 2003 12:13:29 -0500
It's needed to support the different hardware and architecture of the
computer itself.  The kernel in the CF image is specific to the soekris
boards.  Even if you could use the image in a standard x86 computer, the
kernel has an option specific to the soekris boards that uses an
alternative clock cycle time.  Your clock would be off.

If you had a CF-IDE adaptor of sorts, you could flash the HD, hook it
into the soekris board, and I would imagine everything would be fine.

I hope this answers your question,
--Michael