[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Luc Bos <luc at bos dash boon dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wlan
 Date:  Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:09:17 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Luc Bos wrote:

> When I want to make an accesspoint with an uplink to internet I have to
> confige an ethernetcard for WAN and would like to use the wirelesscard
> as LAN. I see no way to configure this without adding an extra
> ethernetcard to access monowall via http. Is this correct or do I miss
> something? I'm now using ethernet for lan and wan, and I use OPT1 as
> wireless bridged to LAN. This works well but I only use LAN for
> configuration.

I know, the chicken and egg problem. I've thought about it, too... But
here's what you can do right now:

- configure the wireless card as OPT1 and an Ethernet NIC as LAN

- configure as usual via webGUI

- download the configuration ("backup")

- move the wireless section from the opt1 interface to LAN and modify the
interface names as required. The XML syntax should be pretty
self-explanatory; see the config.xml that's available for downloading on
m0n0.ch/wall (below the CD-ROM image) for some comments

- upload the file again ("restore").

That should do it.

- Manuel