[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "spoetnik" <spoetnik at spoetnik dot nu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  cold reboot oke, warm reboot hangs
 Date:  Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:29:36 +0200
Hello to all M0n0wall users.

I have just recently discovered this great firewall, and am using it on
a pc.

Everything works fine, and I am really enthusiastic about m0n0wall.
There is only one little problem.

When I power on my pc, and boot from CD-rom, everything works great, but
if I reboot the system it hangs during boot up. The last line it boots
to has something to do with IRQ's and hardware detection:

atapci0: <Intel PIIX3 ATA controller> port 0xfff0-0xffff at device 1.1
on pci0

ata0: at 0x1f0 irg 14 on atapci 0

ata1: at 0x170 irg 15 on atapci 0

The Machine is an old IBM 300GL p.c

It has one hard disk, a floppy-drive, and a CD-rom. It has two 3-com
10/100 3c905cx NIC's

I have configured the bios for minimal hardware (disabled com and
parallel port)

Any suggestions???

Thanks.

Martijn