[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Suraj K. Rai" <surajrai at mac dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSEC and DHCP WAN interface
 Date:  Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:57:45 +0900
Hi,

I am very new to IPSEC and I was wondering why m0n0wall requires a
static IP on the WAN interface for IPSEC.  Is this a limitation on the
protocol, FreeBSD or m0n0wall?  Is it because the keys will have to
re-generated when the DHCP address changes?  The reason I ask is, my
DHCP address has not changed in ages.

Also, what about using IPSEC over the WLAN interface?  I understand
that pb11 has made it possible for WLAN to be used as the WAN interface
however it would be nice if the WLAN interface could be used as one of
the "optional" interfaces and still be able to do IPSEC.

Thanks,

S.r.