[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  pb11r409 released
 Date:  Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:11:58 +0200 (CEST)
Hi folks,

pb11r409 is up; we now finally have a "generic-pc" image that works like
the net45xx image but can be used on any standard PC that is supported by
FreeBSD (may also include some other embedded products). The image can be
flashed to a CF card or written to an IDE hard disk (with physdiskwrite
0.3). This makes Michael Iedema's work obsolete - he agreed to this,
though, and tested the image (r404, actually), and said it worked the way
it should. Of course, the webGUI firmware upgrade facility can be used,
too.

Other changes between r401 and r409:

- fixed bootloader for net45xx to work with some CF cards that would
otherwise produce read errors on boot (suggested/contributed by
Dirk-Willem van Gulik) - those with a known-broken card please check and
report if the fix didn't solve this

- watchdog support added for net45xx platform (watchdogd userland program
by Dirk-Willem van Gulik). This means that the system will be reset if it
has been hung for 32 seconds (as experienced by a userland program)

- JavaScript bug fixed on the traffic shaper: edit page

I haven't had much time to test this release thoroughly, but as the
changes were relatively small, I expect it to work properly. Now it's your
turn to test. :)

Greets,

Manuel