[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Luc Bos <luc at bos dash boon dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] cd-image
 Date:  Tue, 27 May 2003 22:57:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Luc,

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Luc Bos wrote:

> I tried the pb10 release iso image and can't get connection to it.
> Booting goes fine, updating the config also. I get 2 interfaces wi0 and
> xl0. The pc is a Pentium 2 350 mhz and has some ehternetcard and a senao
> wlan pcmcard.
>
> Seems to me everythings is recognized and working wel. I tried to use
> the xl0 as lan and wi0 as wan and the other way around but got never an
> answer to the http request.

Well, first of all, using a wireless card as WAN is unfortunately not
supported, yet (they only work properly as WLAN1/2) - you'll probably have
to add another Ethernet card.

That said, you should still be able to access the webGUI through LAN
(xl0). Does it hand out DHCP leases properly (assuming you have the DHCP
server turned on, of course)? Can you at least ping its LAN IP address?

- Manuel