[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at signature dot nl>
 To:  Joe Doran <joe at jbdww dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NTP
 Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:17:12 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Joe Doran wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get a NTP client/server to work on
> m0n0wall?

If I'm not greatly mistaken, running ntpd is just a matter of slightly
modifying m0n0wall to get a running instance of ntpd at startup and to
allow ntp traffic to/from the box. That should pretty much be all if you
don't want a fancy UI for modifying the ntp config. Once you figure out
your box's drift, you can statically burn an ntp.drift file onto CF as
well.

OTOH, if I *am* mistaken, I'll be gladly corrected by the list.

> I get up to the point of the timezone. How in the world do you set the
> timezone using PHP? I know Manuel has it on his agenda, but I would like
> to get this in place so I can sink my machines to m0n0wall.

ntp is not concerned with time zones. it uses UTC and nothing else.

--B