[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: time client/server proposal - comments please
 Date:  Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:29:42 -0700
Wow, lots of good feedback - thanks all!

Just to be clear I was definitely going to have the server *disabled* by
default (as are most of the servers in Manuel's standard distro.

The idea of adding tar and just extracting the appropriate timezone to copy
into /etc makes a lot of sense. Avoids the whole TZ nonsense.

Stupid question: does the entire mfs root filesystem get copied into a
ramdisk on boot, or does it run off flash?  Put another way, where would I
put the timezone tar file so that it only sits on CF and not in memory where
its unused except for timezone config!

The rest I need to digest. More as I do...

thx again, michael