[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: time client/server proposal - comments please
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:18:14 -0700
For what its worth, I put a copy of an image at:
 http://www040.heronetwork.com/net45xx-clock.img .

> Are you saying that it has to be reenabled after a firmware upgrade?

No, just that its not automatically enabled after a firmware upgrade (at
least that's the intention!). You have to go to the "System->General Setup"
(aka system.php) page, chose your timezone and click "Save" before msntp
will start in client mode.  You can confirm that its running by checking:
http://<yourmonoip>/cgi-bin/status.cgi

> Don't all modern systems have adjtime?
> Making step adjustments is a bad idea;

Switching to adjtime is easy - though when I switch to that I need to add
some way to force an update to the current time for the initial setup when
the time is off by hours (years!). Hmm, like most things, more of a user
interface/design issue than a technical problem...

Fred thanks for detailed responses. Very helpful to a ntp newbie like
myself!  When you get hold of my changes I welcome your ideas. This is very
much v1!  Its much easier to critique, and fix, a specific implementation
than a theoretical one :-).

cheers, michael