[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Grove <ryan at wonko dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Question: LAN->WAN->LAN
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:08:34 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
I got my net-4501 today and pounced on it instantly, but there's just
one thing I haven't been able to figure out about m0n0wall. What little
firewall-related knowledge I have comes from setting up my Linksys
BEFSR41, which should give you an idea of just how little I know. Please
be gentle.

So here's the problem. I've got a web server on my LAN and I have a NAT
rule set up to allow external traffic to hit it. That's working fine.
However, when I attempt to browse to the external address (wonko.com)
from a machine in my LAN, the connection is refused. I've tried
everything I can think of to fix this, but nothing works. WAN->LAN
connections work, LAN->WAN connections work, but LAN->WAN->LAN
connections are refused.

Am I just completely missing something, or is this currently not
possible with m0n0wall?

--
Ryan Grove
ryan at wonko dot com