[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Grove <ryan at wonko dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question: LAN->WAN->LAN
 Date:  Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:29:21 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Michael Mee wrote:

> I'm a newbie to this also, but I'll try :-). Is there anything in the
> Diagnostics->System Logs to show the access being blocked?  (Look in
> the "Last 50 firewall log entries" section, obviously).

Nope, there's nothing in the logs that looks like it has anything to do
with my connection attempts. Hmm.

> Knowing which rule is being fired to block access will help - though
> its just as likely to be a routing problem too....

I currently don't have any rules set up to deny access to anything, so
if something's being denied, I assume it's being denied by default.
That's why I'm so confused.

> One UGLY hack is to put an entry in your browsing machine's hosts file
> that maps wonko.com to your local server's NAT address.

That's what I've resorted to for now. :/

--
Ryan Grove
ryan at wonko dot com