[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Ryan Grove'" <ryan at wonko dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Question: LAN->WAN->LAN
 Date:  Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:02:54 +0200
It's a routing/NAT problem, as also explained by Fred (that's why you can
ping ;-).

A workaround can consist in adding a local DNS entry in the m0n0wall's DNS
server that points to your INTERNAL ip.

Go to 'Services' and open 'DNS Forwarder'
click on the + sign to add an 'exception'
host: wonko
domain: com
ip: your web server's internal IP

Of course, you will need to have the DNS forwarder enabled and your clients
on DHCP (or point to m0n0wall as primary DNS).

As long as resolving is done by the m0n0wall, wonko.com will point to your
internal web-server.

Mind you that windows clients mess around with the priority of DNS servers
(based on performance/response-time), so if the ISP's DNS gets on top,
wonko.com won't work anymore. I guess this will be no problem since the
m0n0wall is on your lan.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Joachim