[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'mark wolfe'" <markw at wolfenet dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple WAN ip addresses
 Date:  Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:56:33 -0500
Mark,
I believe you want to use an IP alias.? Head to the
http://m0n0-ip/exec.php page and execute something like the following.

/sbin/ifconfig sis0 24.240.240.12 netmask 255.255.255.255 alias

The alias keyword is appended to specify an additional ip address.  The
address specified in this command is the planned "alias" address.  The
netmask is set to 255.255.255.255 if the alias IP address is on the same
subnet as the primary IP address for the interface.  If it's not, just
use the regular netmask you would use for that subnet.

I attempted this on my m0n0 box and was successful in setting up an
alias.

This will, of course, need to be preformed upon every reboot, or you
could edit the image to reflect you wanted change.  Oh....and I'm sure
this feature will eventually be added.  M0n0wall seems to be gathering
steam daily.

Hope this helps,
--Michael

/*