[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bmah at acm dot org (Bruce A. Mah)
 To:  olivier dot corre at proxy dot 6wind dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall source ?
 Date:  Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:06:18 -0700
If memory serves me right, corre wrote:

> My name is Olivier, and, unfortunately I am a m0n0wall newbee (for the
> moment :)

That's OK, everyone needs to start from somewhere.  :-)

> I installed m0n0wall from a cdrom (last version : p18 ...) , and used it
> as a firewall ...
> But, for some test purpose, I'd like to know if it's possible to access
> and modify some source files and test again ?
> I suspect my question to be stupid, so, if it's the case, tell me and
> excuse me :))

You want to see the m0n0wall Hacker's Guide, which is linked from the
main m0n0wall Web page.

This approach seems to work well for making modifications to an existing
m0n0wall setup (say if you want to change a few files from a working
release).  I was (sort of) able to develop my filtering bridge patches
this way.

But if you want to be able to do something similar to FreeBSD's "make
release" and build a m0n0wall release from scratch, I'm afraid that
there's no such thing.  I wish there were, but suspect that making all
of the sources available requires a bunch more time and effort on
Manuel's part.  (He's severely short on free time now as it is.)

Cheers,

Bruce.