[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "olivier dot corre at proxy dot 6wind dot com" <olivier dot corre at proxy dot 6wind dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall source ?
 Date:  Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:25:58 -0700
At 08:17 AM 10/23/2003, corre wrote:
>But, for some test purpose, I'd like to know if it's possible to access
>and modify some source files and test again ?

Absolutely.  You'll want a FreeBSD system running somewhere.  Then use a
vnode to mount the .iso image and play with it as much as you want.  Build
a customized kernel.  Change the look and feel of the GUI.  All is possible.

When you have one that you like, burn your new .iso image to a new CD.

This, of course, means your comfortable hacking your way around a FreeBSD
system, and that your development machine (could be the same one you're
using for the firewall) has a CD burner on it.

There is a m0n0wall hackers guide (http://m0n0.ch/wall/hack/) that will
give you a feel for the kinds of things involved, although it doesn't
describe exactly what you're trying to do.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --