[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Content Filtering
 Date:  24 Oct 2003 09:28:21 -0500
I've been using m0n0wall Public Beta Release 18, Build #520 for one day
and love it's simplicity and features. Kudos to Manuel Kasper, Bruce
Mah,and Frans King who's contributions on the mailing list allowed me to
get things up and running so quickly. I have two questions, although the
first is probably a feature request.

Question 1:
I want to transparently enforce content filtering at the firewall. How
could this be done with m0n0wall itself (taking into account the
limitations of a compact flash drive - size and longevity)?

Currently, my network has another machine that is running a Squid
caching proxy (ipfilter-enabled). It is configured to do handle the
content filtering.

Question 2:
With m0n0wall, is there a way to create an ipnat.rule like the
following?
  rdr eth0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> 192.168.2.20 port 3128 tcp