[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Giorgio Catena <thechain at libero dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  System requirements and Checkpoint Securemote VPN-1
 Date:  Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:16:51 +0200
Hi All,
I'm going to try this new (for me at least) unix based firewall distro.
Actually I'm using a P133 32 megs of ram with floppyfw linux distro and
it works perfectly. Unfortunately now my company asked to me to be able
to connect to the Checkpoint VPN-1 Securemote tunnel using my broadband
connection. I thought it wasn't tricky because checkpoint provide a sw
for the authentication and so on instead it's not so simple at all!
I tried to work out with port redirection for ike and so on trying to
change also the MTU of the interfaces involved in the data exchange
(fromn 1500 to 1492) but the things did not chage. essentially the
client keep to appear to work (authentication done properly) and then it
stops here. No further actions are possible.
I'm trying to find something (other router firewall) able to do the
authentication and let me browse my office network via vpn tunnel.
has anyone tried to do this with monowall?! Which are the results )if
any and if it is possible)?

Regards