[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ben Lutgens <blutgens at us dash admins dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pfkey UPDATE failed: Cannot allocate memory
 Date:  Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:19:43 -0500
On Thursday, Oct 16, 2003, at 10:58 US/Central, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> system: net4511
> crypto card: Hifn 7951 (soekris)
> m0n0 version: pb18r522 and pb16r500
>
> Hi, I have 2 of the above boxes experiencing the same problem. Each has
> 6 IPSec tunnels using 3des, no PFS, MD5 Hash, and DH group 5, phase 1
> lifetime 7800 seconds, phase 2 lifetime 3600 seconds. I installed the
> crypto cards yesterday, and today i am seeing:
>
> Oct 15 22:00:25 m0n0wall racoon: ERROR: pfkey.c:210:pfkey_handler():
> pfkey UPDATE failed: Cannot allocate memory
> Oct 15 22:00:25 m0n0wall racoon: ERROR: pfkey.c:210:pfkey_handler():
> pfkey ADD failed: Cannot allocate memory

Its official, without the crypto card, there is no problem. Do any of
the core developers have this crypto card? If not I'd be happy to send
mine for testing. This thread has gotten 0 responses, does noone care?
Am I telling the wrong people?

> And the IPSec tunnels don't work (obviously). Could the crypto accel
> card driver be causing this? I had to reboot the machines to get the
> tunnels to work again! Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Is there
> a way to turn on swap?

Ben Lutgens       http://us-admins.com/~blutgens/
US Admins, Inc
System Administrator / Server Gumby