[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Giorgio Catena'" <thechain at libero dot it>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] System requirements and Checkpoint Securemote VPN- 1
 Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:18:15 +0100
The problem with IPSec behind "routers" is not the routing or firewalling
mostly, but the way NAT doesn't know to which internal client it needs to
send the replies comming from other VPN endpoint (because they are
encrypted).

There are som tricks used to make it work (some for 1 client, some for
more). All I know is that the watchguard client doesn't work with ex.
Freesco or Linux pre-2.4 kernels, but it works very well with m0n0wall.

As I said, I will test a tunnel between a watchguard and a m0n0 soon, but
the softclient works...

Joachim

website at www.oce.be