[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cisco Aironet 350 card
 Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:01:41 -0500
> On 27.10.2003, at 00:26, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:
>
> > Not a lame question, but yes, I am sure.  I enabled the OPT1 interface
> > on
> > the console, then in the web interface, it is configurable.  However,
> > like I
> > said, when I go to Status>>Wireless, it says no supported cards.
>
> That's OK - status display is only possible for cards that use the wi
> driver, not an. Also, an doesn't support HostAP mode. Everything else
> (BSS, IBSS) should work, though. The message is supposed to say that
> there were no cards found that are supported for displaying the status,
> not that no cards were found at all. ;)

Thanks for confirming those things Manuel.  However, it still doesn't work.
:-(  I get an error in the logs from the an driver that says:

kernel: an0: record length mismatch -- expected 430, got 440 for Rid ff68

where the expected number, the got number and the Rid number changes from
error to error.  Upon looking up that error, I find that it shouldn't affect
the functionality of the card in FreeBSD 4.8, and it is caused by the latest
firmware revision for the card.  Even though  m0n0wall is based on FreeBSD,
could this error be causing the card not to work?

Chris

---