[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Roscoe Cheung <roscoe underscore cheung at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Frans King <kingf at f333 dot net>, 'John Voigt' <geeker at jvoigt dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] running on harddisk
 Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:07:14 -0800 (PST)
I tried to install the stripped bsd (http://neon1.net/misc/minibsd.html) to PC, but it failed.  It
failed to boot up.  Are there any tricks to create the rootfs?

Many Thanks,
Roscoe

Frans King <kingf at f333 dot net> wrote:
Would it be possible to do the following under FreeBSD then:

1. Create your own image that has two partitions (a and b) plus mfsroot
on the a partition.

2. Modify /etc/fstab inside mfsroot so that partition b gets mounted on
say /var

3. Copy any required file structure from mfsroot:/var to b:/var

Would that work do you think?

Frans