[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] System requirements andCheckpointSecuremoteVPN-1
 Date:  Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:59:03 -0700
At 05:40 PM 10/27/2003, Michael Sierchio wrote:
>Chad R. Larson wrote:
>>-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>>This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
>>whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
>>confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
>>not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
>>addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose
>>or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
>>message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
>>advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.
>
>Now *there's* a waste of bandwidth (as opposed, of course, to
>my mordant retort ;-)

Yep.  Lawyers.  You just can't escape them.  Our mailer appends that on
outbound mail, sight unseen by me until the messages comes back around on
the list.

>How utterly moronic to claim that something you are sending to unknown
>recipients (subscribers to this list) is privileged.

Well, it does say "intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed", and it was addressed to an individual (the
poster) and an entity (the list).  And it says "=may=" be privileged.

But you're right.  Perhaps I'll unsubscribe from the list here at the
office, and resubscribe from home.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --