[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Chauncey Widdup <chaunceyw at sympatico dot ca>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP MIB request Attn. Rob
 Date:  Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:26:56 -0700
At 02:29 AM 10/28/2003, Chauncey Widdup wrote:
>I wouldn't mind being able to monitor the CPU usage and RAM available on
>my m0n0wall router.
>
>You asked for suggestions, so here ya go.
>
>Maybe if possible adding the TCP mib set, specifically for the number of
>established connections.

MRTG allows you to invoke an arbitrary script (rather than an SMTP query),
so you don't need a MIB.  The script must return four lines of output:

1) current state of the first variable, normally 'incoming bytes count'
2) current state of the second variable, normally 'outgoing bytes count'
3) string (in any human readable format), telling the uptime of the target
4) string, telling the name of the target

So you can graph anything at all that you can figure out, as long as you
remember you need =two= variables.  Input vs Output, System vs User,  Swap
Used vs Total Virtual Memory, etc.

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --