[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  ACE <aceofsnett at cox dot net>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with port 80 and 8080
 Date:  Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:41:51 -0600 (CST)
It may be that they are trying to block all the simple people, their goal
is to end the mass number of open relays and IIS servers that get infected
with every last bug that comes out because their owners do not patch.
Those of us smart enough to use other ports probably know how to setup the
processes so they are done correctly and secure.  Then again, I may be
giving them too much credit.  ;)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> At 08:51 PM 10/27/2003, ACE wrote:
> >I know Cox blocks port 80..
>
> I've not noticed Cox blocking 80 here in Phoenix.
>
> They =do= kill port 25 (smtp) anywhere on the net except to their own
> servers, but absurdly fail to block 587.  Can you spell incompetent?
>
> I thought that you could.
>

> -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>
> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed,
applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.