[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Brandt Nielsen" <martin at muhko dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Messenger Slow FileTransfer
 Date:  Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:21:05 +0200
Recently installed m0n0wall as a firewall/trafficshaper, becuase i converted to IP-Phone, and wanted
to guarantee bandwidth for the phonecall's. It works damn fine, and I'm very happy about it.

But now, I have noticed another silly problem... My MSN Messenger has started complaining and
furthermore sends files very very slow.

I get the message in the msn-window, that i should click on the link for more information blah blah
blah...

I tried NAT-mapping the ports 6891-6900 as msn suggests, but messenger still sends out files slow.

Does anyone have any idea of what other ports should be opened, or what other features of m0n0wall
should be enabled or disabled ?

Kindly Regards, Martin