[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:07:37 -0700
Dinesh Nair wrote:

>my concern with the capacity of the user db is that m0n0wall is usually run on soekris boxes and
those do not have the capacity which a full fledged PC/server would. in addition, each of the
username/password pairs would need to be stored in config.xml which then has to be synced with the
CF card on _every_ change. this would mean that the webGUI performance will start to suffer as the
number of users in the builtin db increases. i had initially suggested a max of 16 to address this
problem.

This might be a stupid question, but why not put the user DB (PPTP,
Captive Portal, etc) into a seperate file so that it doesn't need to be
rewritten except when it is modified?

--
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but, whips and chains excite me.