[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian <belstsrv at nauticom dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NICs Not Detected
 Date:  Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:20:36 -0400
Hello all.  I am trying to get m0n0 working on an old PC I have,  I had
Smoothwall on it before, but I have heard great things about m0n0,
especially regarding traffic shaping, so I want to give it a go.  My
setup is:

P3-500
128 MB RAM
3 NICs - Linksys, DLink, Netgear

Right now I am just trying the CD/floppy install because I have not been
able to get the image on to the HDD, but when I am trying to set up the
interfaces, none are ever auto-detected.  I've looked at the FreeBSD
hardware list and I think all 3 cards are supported, but not matter
which card I try to make the 'LAN' interface, none seem to work.

Is there something I am missing perhaps?  Also, if you have advice on
the best way to install m0no on to my HDD of this PC, feel free to send
that along too :-)

Thank you for your help.