[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C.G.L" <bm underscore pro at yahoo dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to attach public IPs to the servers behind M0n0wall?
 Date:  Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:15:20 +0100
Hello,

I am very new with Firewalls so hence limited experience with firewalling
techniques.

The question is how to have PCs with public IPs attached to them BUT only
some ports open.
My current setup is

Lucent Router with no NAT ( I have a range of public IPs)

The router has IP xxx.xxx.xxx.113 and subnet mask 255.255.255.240
I setup up m0n0wall with the WAN ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.114 and netmask
255.255.255.240

The NATed clients with IPs 192.168.1.xxx are working just fine.

I want to have a firewalled web server with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.115 (not internal
NAT) and a mail server (in the same hardware server) with ip xxx.xxx.xxx.116

I need only port 80 on the web IP and ports 110 & 25 on the mail IP.
These IP addresses should be binded to the same server (i.e eth0, eth1 etc)

Whatever I tried I coudn't make it work.

Anyone patient enough to give me quick configuration please??

Thank you advance,