[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Quick Start Guide committed
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:05:08 -0400
I've been working for a couple weeks on a Quick Start Guide for
m0n0wall.  It is intended as a guide that newbies can walk through to
get their device up and running, including choosing your hardware,
downloading and installing the software, and doing the basic initial
configuration on client machines and m0n0wall itself.

I committed it into CVS tonight and Manuel will be setting up build
scripts to get it on m0n0.ch very soon.  Expect to see it within the
next day or two.

For now, you can view it here.  http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/quickstart/

It isn't done yet, but I think that's a pretty good start.  Comments
and suggestions are welcome and encouraged, on or off list.
Contributions are even better.  :)

Thanks to Halogen8 and D-side in #m0n0wall on freenode for an initial
review and a couple suggestions that have been put in.

Thanks,
-Chris