[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean Everson Martina <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:31:10 -0300
Chet Harvey wrote:
> Maybe we should begin dialog about m0n0 branches. I like the purist idea of
> m0n0 as a firewall only but what if there were branches like m0n0IDS and
> m0n0Proxy and m0n0AP?

This can be acomplished easily with the use of modules. As I said
earlier, m0n0 can be even lighter. not all people use captive, or PPTP
vpns, this can be build using modules. If you want is just add to your
runnign firewall.

> I strip the captive portal stuff outta my vanilla firewalls.....

I also strip some thing from m0n0....

> Of course the burdeon would not be on Manuel to maintain these "ports".

I agree. I think this is the problem of having branches, and can lead us
to have a more complex way to mantain m0n0, and definitly this is not
the ideia.

> Thoughts??

I have lots of Thoughts... :)

Jean