[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nokia IP110 or IP120
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:13:08 -0400
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:40:30 -0700 (PDT), Randy Belk <rbelk at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck trying to find one of these for a descent price? I so where, EBay does not
> even show any!

Stay clear of any nokia less than the 110 (such as the 51).  Not only
are they non-x86 based, they suck as a firewall and as a router.

Just to help your search, the CacheFlow CA-610 device runs m0n0wall
beautifully.  Simply put the generic image on a hard drive or flash
media, edit the loader config file to use the serial port as console,
and let it rip.

You might have more luck finding one of these.  This model is 1U,
K6-3D processor, 128M RAM, 2 ethernet interfaces (fxp) on the front
panel, and a really cool LCD panel on the front that m0n0wall doesn't
use.  :(

good luck,
jim