[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Mirassou <mirassou at cict dot fr>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to log captive portal timeout user logout ?
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:02:21 +0200
Hi,

I use M0n0Wall in captive portal context for students internet access
(authenticated via Radius).

I want to log User's Captive Portal logout.

So, I am using 1.2b1 with STOCKTON patch (see "Authentication Log Patch
& Incorrect Title Fix" from matt at atopia dot net on 10/12/2004) + personal patch.
I am able to log 'normal' user logout (user clicks on "Logout"
Javascript Windows) but this doesn't work in case of user disconnect due
to timeout inactivity.

I guess this isn't done by php scripts, how is this done ?
I read that M0n0Wall doesn't have a cron like functionality but in that
case how is done the "idle time out" feature ??

Thanks

--
Denis Mirassou

Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse (C.I.C.T)