[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "'David Drysdale'" <david dot drysdale at vision dash networking dot ca>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Sip VoIP with no DMZ
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:26:09 -0700
> From you archives other people have had SIP working with monowall. But all
> could find had a dmz. Do any of you know of another way to use it? Could I
> use 1-to-1 nat with only one public IP? Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm not an expert on this, but we have started evaluating a couple of VoIP
suppliers and one of the two was boasting that their worked behind NAT... I
haven't run the software yet, but the other vendor said it couldn't be done
so it's possible:
a) there are two modes of sip - like active and passive ftp?
b) there are built in kernel level proxies like the ones various os's
include for FTP which monitor the command channel to properly map the
inbound data connections.

Would like to know for sure though ;-)

m/