[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "'Johan Bergquist'" <johan dot bergquist at fredab dot se>, "'sai'" <list at ebs dot net dot pk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:05:32 -0700

[Mitch (bitblock)] That's what modules are for! My original argument when
discussing modules with Manuel was to avoid branching the project...

Lots of progress has been made, a few modules already exist, and others are
in the works. I think Fred made a module installer... I'd like to see a
directory to the module resources somewhere... Where's our official wiki
again? Or is it in the docs somewhere? Last time I looked I couldn't see
anything...

Eventually, I envision a module to manage modules being the first to install
- if that one day becomes an accepted patch to the main system it will be
easy for people to maintain their mono's without ever going to command
line... and a lot better for the project than branching over 10% of the
features... that means taking over maintenance for the other 90% or
constantly reapplying your changes to the base...

Not pretty - hurray for modules ;-)

m/