[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Peter Parnican" <peter at procad dot sk>
 To:  "Jim Gifford" <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Can't connect
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:16:18 +0200
OOoo my god, i found at http://www.batch.com/netmask.html how works subnet
(nothing easy!!!!)...  I asked small question but answer is veeeery long...

Now I know why should be gateway address between and but why is it working without monowall ? ...gateway is

Ok, now i start understand what can be wrong. The gateway which give me my
ISP isnt propably correct. (but why is my conection working without
monowall? is it normal?)

And next question, how you know that:

> With the address of, your upstream gateway device
> needs to be an address between and
> excluding

ISP give me

Which math are You using?  :-)   (sorry but Im very newbie)
I want know it because if i ask my ISP and he will telling somethings else i
can disagree... but now its difficult because i dont know the correct
settings for gateway.