[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Severe Problem with 1.2b1 HTTPS support
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:46:42 -0400 (EDT)
On thursday, I reimaged our current m0n0wall boxes with HTTPS support.
Friday morning when I came into work, users were getting a connection
timed out error while their browser was trying to load
https://m0n0wall:8001 for authentication.

I did a ps aux from exec.php as well as a netstat and saw that the https
server on 8001 was not running.  To restart it, I unchecked the "Enable
HTTPS support" option in m0n0wall's config and rechecked it, which
restarted the server.  Monday morning I came in and once again the box was
down (however it worked for a good couple hours on Friday before dieing).

This is not our heavy traffic box, but we were planning on moving m0n0wall
to our housing network, and with this drop out all the time we're not sure
if we can right away.  Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Regards, Matt