[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Krimmel <dkrimmel at bcfs dot net>
 To:  David Drysdale <david dot drysdale at vision dash networking dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Sip VoIP with no DMZ
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:47:17 -0500
I've run SIP through NATed tunnels using linux systems in the past and
had no problem.

This was done using redhat 9.0:

<xLite>----sip----<Linux Router>----sip----<Asterisk VoIP server>

Currently, this is my setup for the phones:

<Motorola TA>----sip----<m0n0wall>----sip----<Vonage Phone Service>

Even the QOS rules work on the TA, and I don't have a problem with one
way calling. Sometimes, SIP phones will automatically send packets to
keep a NAT device open. You should probably check if your phone supports
this type of options. I know that in xLite there is an option for this.