[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Brian <belstsrv at nauticom dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NICs Not Detected
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:42:19 -0700
Brian,

> I just reinstalled IPCop, just so my internet work work for now.  Here
> is what it said for the type of NIC cards, if this helps
>
> Green (LAN) = Digital 21x4x Tulip
> Orange (DMZ) = Realtek RTL-8139
> Red (WAN) = National Semiconductor DP8381x

Well, I've had detection problems on a old PC before, and the way I
got it fixed was to "Reset Configuration Data" option in the BIOS.
First, try sticking in only two cards, and just start up m0n0 and see
if it sees 2 cards (and only two cards).  If it does, then put in the
3rd... (Try alternate slots as well)

If it sees 3 but can't get a link state, or if it sees 3 where it
should only see two, go into your BIOS and set the option closest to
the meaning of "Reset Configuration Data" (Enabled) where it's
disabled by default and will be disabled after the next boot.  Some
BIOSes call this the ESCD data or something, so see if you can find
that and see if that helps.

m0n0 also has issues with ISA cards, so I hope none of those 3 above
are ISA cards.  I've not been able to get any ISA cards working with
m0n0.

/sylikc