[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Johan Bergquist <johan dot bergquist at fredab dot se>
 Cc:  'sai' <list at ebs dot net dot pk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:11:35 -0600
Johan Bergquist wrote:

>I'm all for of diffrent branches.... It will be easier to maintain and to give support... But it
will be harder to upgrade and all that stuff... But it's a good idea...
Personally, I think branching is a horrible idea.  I think back to VNC,
where there were 3-4 branchs being actively developed, each having a few
features that put them above the others, but none offering a complete

A modular solution is much better in that you can use whichever features
you like without having to give up another branch's improvements.

What's orange, brown, black, and red? Give up?
They're COLOURS, idiot!