[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Johan Bergquist <johan dot bergquist at fredab dot se>
 Cc:  'sai' <list at ebs dot net dot pk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:11:35 -0600
Johan Bergquist wrote:

>I'm all for of diffrent branches.... It will be easier to maintain and to give support... But it
will be harder to upgrade and all that stuff... But it's a good idea...

Personally, I think branching is a horrible idea.  I think back to VNC,
where there were 3-4 branchs being actively developed, each having a few
features that put them above the others, but none offering a complete
solution.

A modular solution is much better in that you can use whichever features
you like without having to give up another branch's improvements.

--
What's orange, brown, black, and red? Give up?
They're COLOURS, idiot!