[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 Cc:  Johan Bergquist <johan dot bergquist at fredab dot se>, 'sai' <list at ebs dot net dot pk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:13:53 -0400
I guess when I was talking branches I didnt mean like BSD...splitting off each
on their own. Use the current base but add the necessary features (bloat if you
will) to make a full IDS, not watered down due to space limitations or features
dropped for whatever reason. Again...these owned by another contributor much
like ports collection.

Modules would be nice for the small onesy, twosey kinda things but not for say a
full flegded Access Point of IDS/IPS/NIDS. Then again it could just be it's
late, I am tired and this new version of syslog-ng just isnt playing nice w/
m0n0.....so I am going to bed!

Chet Harvey
Protecting your Digital Assets
703.407.7311