[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Matt Juszczak" <matt at atopia dot net>
 Cc:  "'Jean Everson Martina'" <everson at inf dot ufsc dot br>, "'Dinesh Nair'" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Full PC m0n0 - was Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:26:37 -0700

> So what is needed?  Just a patch for IMAP authentication?  This
> is another
> example of why we really need a m0n0wall patchset website.

I think Vittore Zen was the originator of the idea... I was encouraging
him... his reasoning seemed sound (setting up auth without having to either
:
a) have a separate auth server
b) set up something too complicated for normal "users" eg. radius
c) overload the smaller platforms

Not sure if he's made progress on it or not - I sent some auth code to
someoen at some point...